Altamonte Springs Homeowners Insurance: Increase Home Value
Becoming a homeowner is an exciting time. A home can be the biggest investment you make, and the most important one. However, being a homeowner also means responsibility. You’ll want to maintain your home in order to prevent expensive problems down the road. Plus, if you eventually plan on selling your home, you’ll want to take steps to increase your home’s value. Here are 6 ways you can do just that.
- Keep an eye out for safety! Look for factors such as cracked stairs, tripping circuit breakers, faulty overhead lights, etc. and deal with them as soon as possible.
- Go green. Research shows that eco-friendly homes sell faster and for more money. In 2010, certified green homes spent an average of 97 days on the market, compared with 123 days for traditional homes.
- Check the exterior. Peeling paint or rotting siding can lead to water damage and mold growth, which are both expensive to repair and can become a health issue.
- Check your pipes. Leaky pipes can cause serious water damage throughout your home. The home inspection report you got when you moved in should tell you what kind of pipes you have, and how old they are. Brass, copper, and steel pipes all have a lifespan of 70-100 years while PVC pipes last for 25-40 years. Here are some precautions you can take to avoid burst pipes.
- Protect your wood floors. Remember, although wood floors increase your home’s value, they are sensitive to water, easily scratched, and can hold dirt very well. Keep them safe by cleaning them regularly and putting felt pads on the bottom of your furniture.
- Schedule furnace checkups. Doing so twice a year can help you avoid expensive problems.
At Newman Crane, it is our business to provide you with the highest-quality and most comprehensive Central Florida and Orlando Homeowners Insurance coverage possible. Our Florida agents will provide you with the best Personal Insurance policy at the most competitive price available. Please contact us for more information about our Altamonte Springs Homeowners Insurance policies at (407) 859-3691.