Flooding is the United States’ No. 1 natural hazard, it accounts for 40% of all natural disasters. While Florida alone is the third most damaged state totaling payments of $1,479,585,524 between 1978-2001. It’s important to remind everyone that Newman Crane Insurance is here to best cover your assets from flood to fire. One of our carriers, Main Street America, has provided us with insights on Flood Insurance misconceptions.
When speaking with your customers about why they should consider flood insurance, remember to drive home these key facts:
- Flood insurance is available nationwide.
- Flood insurance is available if you live in a floodplain or high-flood-risk area.
- If you live outside a floodplain or in a low-to-moderate flood-risk area, you can still get flood insurance and at a lower cost.
- Even if your property has been flooded before, you can still obtain flood insurance.
- You can – and should seriously consider – buying flood insurance, even if your mortgage broker does not require it.
Armed with accurate information about their flood risk and protection options, your customers can make more informed decisions about how to best protect their financial investments.
For more information about flood insurance and to access free policyholder resources, please visit www.floodsmart.gov. Additional flood support materials are also available via The Main Street America Group’s comprehensive “Resource Center” on our Agents Only flood site (www.msagroup.com: Agents Only/MSA Operations at the Desktop/Flood Insurance).
You can also direct your customers to our public Web site to learn more about the benefits of Main Street America’s flood program (www.msagroup.com, under the “Our Insurance Products” section of the site).
If you have any questions regarding flood insurance, please contact Newman Crane at (877) 874-4673