Orlando Workers Comp: Encourage Employee Health and Safety
Considering that people spend such a large proportion of their lives at work, prioritizing and promoting wellness can make a huge difference for even the smallest companies. If your employees are healthy and follow appropriate safety procedures, your business is less likely to experience absenteeism and loss of productivity. You could also be less likely to face a workers comp claim due to injury caused by negligence or improper use. Here are some ideas on how to encourage employee health and safety.
- Form a corporate risk-safety management oversight committee. This could be staffed by employees within your own company. They should be responsible for developing policies and procedures to implement the employee safety effort.
- Share daily safety advisories with all team members.
- Build an automated accident and injury management system to measure employee safety metrics. This serves as an incentive to determine when employee safety should be considered.
- Conduct safety operations assessment reviews among all departments of your business or organization.
- Implement an employee wellness program. This could include encouraging a weight loss or walking competition among the staff, or something as simple as replacing unhealthy foods in the vending machine with more healthy snacks.
While the only 100% certain way to protect your business financially from a Orlando workers compensation claim is with the appropriate Orlando business insurance coverage, following these steps can help you as a business owner to reduce your risks. At Newman Crane, our specialists will create a business insurance package tailored to the specific needs of your company. Please contact us today at (407) 859-3691 for more information.