Orlando Auto Insurance: What to do After a Car Accident
With more than 16 million drivers in the state of Florida, accidents are guaranteed to happen especially in heavily populated cities such as Orlando, Florida. Car accidents can happen to anyone; sometimes there are innocent bystanders that just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Over 200,000 car accidents occur in Florida each year and while the extent of damages may vary it’s always beneficial to know what to do after a car accident. After car collisions immediate chaos and disorder ensue. It easily leaves those involved surprised, astonished, and shaken. While these reactions cannot be avoided, being educated and knowledgeable of what do after a car accident is very important. After all, this knowledge can reduce cost, speed up the clean-up and repair process and avert any further injuries. Here is a checklist of what to do after a car accident.
- Prior to accessing the damage done on the vehicle and opening the glove box for the insurance card, make sure that all those involved from both parties are safe. If someone is injured immediately call 911.
- If you are involved in a minor accident such as a fender bender, move all vehicles off the main road and away from oncoming traffic. This helps prevent any additional unwarranted accidents and injuries. If the cars involved are not moveable, do not keep trying. Call for immediate help and turn on your hazard lights.
- Afterwards speak with the other driver(s) involved and ensure that they are, but do not say anything that can easily conclude that it is your fault. Then exchange the following information: name, address, phone number, insurance company, policy number, driver license number, license plate number, owner of the car, and the name of the driver. Also, write down the make, model, color and year of the car(s) involved.
- Assess the auto body damage done to all vehicles. Then photograph any damages to the vehicles, the location of the accident, any other viable photos you think your insurance provider will need to file your claim. If there is a witness, ask them for their contact info.
- Call your insurance company to file a claim. If you are knowledgeable of what your specific policy cover, the claim process will be easier. Then you will be given the cost of the damages, as well as who will pay certain damages.
Newman Crane can also provide you with specialty coverage for antique automobiles, classic cars, high-performance cars, and other types of special vehicles.
Call Our Orlando, Florida Office Today for Your Fast, Free Quote.
Just fill out our quick and easy form or call 877.874.4673, and we’ll provide you with a quote as soon as possible. Our Orlando, Florida insurance professionals are eager to speak with you.